About - Careers - Public Affairs Internship, Spring 2019
Public Affairs Internship, Spring 2019
ITI is seeking an undergraduate student for a paid internship opportunity with the Public Affairs team for spring 2019. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and resourceful individual who is interested in government affairs and legislative processes, strategic communications, and ICT policy. He/she will work closely with all Public Affairs staff and perform the below duties as a key member of the ITI team.
Interns will be paid at an hourly rate of $12.50/hour, subject to lawful withholdings and deductions, for a maximum of 20 hours per week. Applicants should anticipate working from late January to early May. We ask that you please indicate your estimated weekly availability in your application.
- Monitoring, summarizing, and analyzing legislative proposals and regulatory action both in the U.S. and globally, as well as discrete tech policy issues percolating at the state level;
- Attending and producing summaries of Congressional or Executive Branch hearings and other external events on a wide range of technology issues;
- Assisting with the drafting of support letters, position papers, and other written advocacy materials;
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets of ITI’s political activity;
- Assisting with ITI social media accounts (including Twitter and Facebook) and weekly communications updates to members;
- Tracking and compiling ITI interviews, news mentions, and press clippings; and
- Compiling data and other research-intensive projects to support the Public Affairs team as needed.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program – a degree in political science, public policy, international business, communications, or a related field is encouraged, but not required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, or interest in, technology policy;
- Diligent attention to detail, organization, and time management;
- Strong open source research, written communications, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Works well in a collaborative team environment; and
- Has a sense of humor.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample by Thursday, January 17th.