About - Careers - Director, Marketing and Membership
Director, Marketing and Membership
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Director of Marketing and Membership!
At ITI we advocate for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. Our members represent the entire spectrum of technology: from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
As the Director of Marketing and Membership reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public Affairs in Washington DC, you will set the strategic direction for ITI’s brand awareness and membership activities. Membership responsibilities include membership outreach, recruitment, and retention. Marketing responsibilities include advertising and promotional activities, research, and market expansion. You will oversee the vision for and operations of membership programs and delivery of member services. You will partner with member companies to determine their needs and priorities from the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the brand awareness of ITI and its mission.
- Creating innovative ways to engage and increase visibility of ITI’s advocacy work.
- Leading marketing strategy for all ITI programs and events, products and services.
- Overseeing the production of all marketing materials to communicate the value proposition of ITI membership to internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing development of the ITI website as a leading resource for the technology industry.
- Leading all association member recruitment activities including the creation and execution of a year-round recruitment strategy to achieve annual member recruitment and budgetary goals.
- Leading and facilitating member research and survey activities that support marketing strategies and that enable the identification of new and enhanced offerings for ITI members.
- Partnering with the finance department on membership dues billing and renewal processes and follow-up collection efforts including conducting phone calls, developing talking points and gathering data from this effort to inform future activities.
- Overseeing the membership on-boarding process to maximize efficiency and member engagement.
- Creating and overseeing a year-round, actionable membership retention strategy focused on increasing overall participation levels of member institutions and expanding the number of individuals within a member institution that directly experience the value of ITI membership.
- Developing and facilitating an exit interview process for all member cancellations. Analyze data collected from this activity to inform future member recruitment and retention activities and communicate findings to help inform the association.
- Managing ITI committees and provide support to the ITI Board of Directors.
- Directing implementation and execution of marketing and membership service policies and practices.
- Promoting ITI’s events, conferences, and trade shows throughout the year.
- Identifying opportunities to expand ITI’s presence through extensive outreach to both new and existing member companies and association groups.
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing relationships with constituents and key stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing, and/or membership position plus a minimum of five years in a management role.
- Proven leadership experience in a nonprofit organization (association preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Experience with digital marketing tools, software, and techniques
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines.
- Sound diplomatic judgement.
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center
- Commuter benefits
- A great work environment
- And, much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.