About - Careers - Associate Manager, Standards Operations
Associate Manager, Standards Operations
Join the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) and promote innovation worldwide as the Associate Manager, Standards Operations for the InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) team!
ITI is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI navigates the constantly changing relationships between policymakers, companies, and non-governmental organizations to promote creative policy solutions that advance the development and deployment of technology and the spread of digitization around the world.
As the Associate Manager of Standards Operations reporting to the Vice President of Standards Operations, you will support the InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS), the central U.S. forum dedicated to creating technology standards for the next generation of innovation. You will also support day-to-day administration of department-sponsored programs, provide timely information for distribution to participants, maintain databases, and issue ballots. The Associate Manager will ensure the administrative requirements of processing all national and international standards projects in the assigned program of work are met, while working closely with Standards Operations staff, Technical Committee officers, technical editors, and ANSI to meet all deadlines inherent in the standards process and to ensure compliance with INCITS, ANSI, JTC 1, ISO, and IEC procedures. The Associate Manager position is a remote position in DC, MD, or VA.
Learn more about INCITS at http://www.incits.org/home/.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with specified department-sponsored programs to assist in the administration of the technical committees including processing projects through the steps of the approved standards process and ensuring that all deadlines are met, distributing information to members, providing oversight and training for committee activities, and serving as primary contact with committee Officers to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Assisting in advising Technical Committee officers, using established procedures and familiarity with the consensus development process.
- Assisting in the fulfillment of action items as assigned from any of the department-sponsored programs.
- Maintaining sufficient knowledge of the program of work of technical committees assigned to the other Associate Managers to provide backup during peak periods and/or in their absence.
- Responding to inquiries from participants or the general public in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- A minimum of five years of experience in an office environment driving high level administration activities.
- Experience with domestic standard development processing is a plus.
- Work experience that reflects the capability to make decisions independently in areas of responsibility, as authorized, including the ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently.
- Computer literacy, including competence in word processing, database software (e.g., Word, Excel), HTML, PDF, Office 365.
- Trusted team player with the demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, and ability to effectively communicate.
- Capability to work collaboratively and engage team members to facilitate successful results.
- Customer service oriented possessing tact, diplomacy, good judgment and discretion, and professionalism.
- Exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- Commitment, extreme professionalism and reliability.
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- A great work environment with an awesome team
- And, much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.