Robert Hoffman serves as Senior Vice President of Government Relations for the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI). Robert brings more than 25 years of public policy experience, including a decade as an advocate for U.S. technology companies, to his work at ITI, which involves collaborating with a staff of five government relations professionals to develop and implement ITI’s public policy agenda in Washington, D.C.
Prior to joining ITI, Robert served as Vice President of Global Public Policy for Cognizant Technology Solutions, where he launched Cognizant’s public policy advocacy operation, and helped to develop and launch Cognizant’s math & science education investment program, Making the Future. Prior to joining Cognizant, Robert served as Vice President of Government and Public Affairs for Oracle, and during that time, he served as Co-Chair of Compete America, a coalition of industries and trade associations dedicated to improving the US visa system for highly skilled professionals; and as Chair of the Board of Directors of ITI. He currently serves on the boards of the Public Affairs Council, and on the Advisory Board of Immigration Voice.
As an advocate for the technology industry, Robert has appeared on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, PBS, and NPR, and he just became a regular contributor on technology policy for The Daily Caller.
Prior to joining Oracle in April 2001, Robert served for more than thirteen years as a policy advisor and speechwriter for four United States Senators and the Governor of California. Robert’s tenure in the US Senate included service as Legislative Director and National Security Advisor for US Senators Larry Pressler (R-SD) and Mike DeWine (R-OH). In addition to managing a comprehensive legislative agenda, Robert developed subject-matter expertise in the following policy areas: South Asian affairs, nuclear non-proliferation, immigration, telecommunications, education, and legislative procedure.
Robert graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), and received his Masters in Public Policy, with highest honors, from the University of Maryland.
Robert has served as a volunteer instructor for the Washington Literacy Council, and previously served as Executive Vice President for The Friends of the National Parks at Gettysburg. He currently resides in Arlington, VA.
ITI Blog articles by Robert Hoffman
- Renew Through Rehab (10/17/2013)
- Talking Tax Reform with Intel Innovators (08/20/2013)
- Why Returning India to a Path of Innovation and Smart Growth is Good for India….and America (06/27/2013)
- Senator Levin’s Irresponsible Tax Approach (05/15/2013)
- Why the Judiciary Committee Should Side with Orrin Hatch on H-1Bs (05/13/2013)
TechElect Blog articles by Robert Hoffman
- Campaigning for Post-Election Success for the American Economy – A Techie’s Take on Tampa (08/30/2012)
- A Platform for Consensus on Tech, Competitiveness & Job Growth (08/29/2012)
- Talking Innovation: A Market-Based Tax Solution to Job Creation (08/28/2012)
- Let the Campaign for Ideas Begin (08/11/2012)
- Veepstakes: The Romney Bunch (08/10/2012)