Pamela Walker serves as Senior Director for Homeland Security at the Information Technology Alliance for Public Sector or ITAPS, a division of Information Technology Industry Council (ITI). She is responsible for homeland security portfolio issues and is part of ITI’s cybersecurity team.
Mrs. Walker brings over fifteen years of experience in government relations, providing federal advocacy services and holding positions in non-profit and for-profit environments. Her practice areas have included federal and state government, cybersecurity, appropriations, homeland security, public safety, information technology, telecommunications, and transportation.
Previously, she served as the first Director of Government Affairs for the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO), Senior Director of Homeland Security for TechAmerica and Senior Director of Government Affairs for the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA).
She serves as a board member for Women in Government Relations (WGR) and is co-chair for WGR’s Telecommunication & IT Task Force. She served as a member of the IT Sector Coordinating Council (IT SCC). She received her Master’s in International Transactions and BA in International Studies from George Mason University.
ITI Blog articles by Pamela Walker
- What Contractors Need to Know about the Proposed FY16 Budget (02/06/2015)
- Deep Dive: What’s in the 2014 Intelligence Authorization for Contractors (07/11/2014)
- What Contractors Need to Know Part 1: FY15 National Defense Authorization Act (05/20/2014)
- Getting It Right: Federal Efforts to Develop a Cyber Risk Acquisition Strategy Must Focus First on Agency Risks (04/30/2014)
- Strengthening the Federal Government Cybersecurity Posture (02/25/2014)