Andy Halataei serves as ITI's senior vice president of government affairs. Andy came to ITI in February of 2011 as director of government relations and he is responsible for handling privacy issues, immigration and cybersecurity for the association. For the previous four years, Halataei was a government affairs consultant at the Stanton Park Group where he tracked and offered direction on legislative and regulatory developments in the areas of telecommunications, intellectual property, health care, immigration and energy.
Prior to joining the Stanton Park Group in November 2006, Andy Halataei spent nine years on Capitol Hill. He served for five years as Legislative Director to Congressman J. Randy Forbes of Virginia. As Legislative Director to Congressman Forbes, Andy oversaw the Congressman's legislative staff and agenda, focusing primarily on telecommunications, appropriations, budget, and tax issues. In addition, Andy managed Congressman Forbes activities on the House Judiciary Committee.
Before joining Forbes staff, Andy was Senior Legislative Assistant to Oklahoma Congressman Steve Largent where he also specialized in handling Largent’s work before the House Energy and Commerce Committee including health care, the environment, and financial services issues. During his time with Largent he helped to secure passage in the House of the Date Certain Tax Code Replacement Act, legislation that would sunset the internal revenue code. Prior to joining Congressman Largent’s office, Andy was a Legislative Assistant in the office of Representative Gil Gutknecht (R-MN).
Andy received a B.S. in Public Administration and a B.A. in Political Science from James Madison University in 1997. He is a native of Arlington, Virginia and currently resides there as well.
ITI Blog articles by Andy Halataei
- Limiting Green Cards for Skilled Workers Only Works to Hold Our Economy Back (01/09/2015)
- Senate takes on Surveillance Reform: Restoring Public Trust (06/05/2014)
- ITI Letter to the House of Representatives on the USA Freedom Act (05/21/2014)
- Badgering Congress on the Economic Urgency of Immigration Reform (09/17/2013)
- Immigration Reform Can Write a Better American Economic Story (09/12/2013)
TechElect Blog articles by Andy Halataei
- Let’s Look to High Skilled Immigration to Stay Ahead (05/17/2012)