Summer Communications Intern
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the global voice of the tech sector acting as the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading tech companies. Our external affairs team is looking for a creative, fun, and dynamic “go-getter” who is studying communications, public relations, or a related field, to join us.
Our companies are at the forefront of shaping our world, and the communications intern will work directly with the external affairs staff on projects that will have a real and positive impact on the tech industry and ITI’s brand.
We are the leading policy advocacy organization representing the top tech companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft and many more. You will be treated as an important contributor to our team, because we want to make sure you finish the summer smarter, more experienced, and with impressive bullets to add to your resume. The office environment is collegial and collaborative and you will work directly with ITI staff and our member companies. This is a paid position with flexible hours of up to 35 hours/week. This internship may, as an alternative, be completed for course credit.
Roles and responsibilities
- Works with external affairs team to grow ITI's online community
- Tracks and reports social media analytics
- Helps to create content for ITI’s Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn
Messaging and Media Relations
- Drafts and edits advisories, press releases, blogs, and other materials
- Assists in setting up and staffing media events
- Maintains media lists
Marketing and Events
- Helps develop and organize marketing materials
- Assists with planning, marketing and staffing of ITI events like speeches, panels, and receptions
Other duties as assigned (don’t worry, we make our own coffee!)
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Be studying communications, public relations, or a related field
- Love to write and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Know social media and networking
- Have strong research and analytical skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- (Graphic design and/or HTML knowledge is a plus, but not required)
How to Apply
Please send your resume, availability, cover letter and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Internship” by WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2015.
Unfortunately we won’t be able to respond to everyone who applies. Good luck!